My teaching interests include Community Practice, Social Policy, Research, and Evaluation. I have have enjoyed teaching both undergraduate and graduate students. I use an active-learning approach to the classroom and seek community-engaged learning opportunities for students. Active-and engaged-learning support the translation of class content into practice, which is essential for social workers.
University of Iowa:
- SSW: 3845: Social Work Processes (foundation macro practice)
- SSW: 6145: Organization and Community Practice
- SSW: 6148: Research Practice I
- SSW: 7270: Research Practice II
- SSW: 7297 and 7298: Advanced Practicum Seminar in Integrated Practice
University of Michigan: